Put your pet in the spotlight with The Southampton Animal Shelter’s Pet Pix Photo Contests. The themes include The Real Housecats of the Hamptons and Hamptons Dog Days Of Summer, each to later be turned into a coffee table book.
Here are the rules & eligibility from the Southampton Animal Shelter:
- Pet parents must live 3 or more months in the Town of East Hampton, Town of Shelter Island, or Town of Southampton
- Pet needs to be adopted from a shelter, rescued, or stray/feral (no pets obtained from a breeder or pet store can be entered)
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation to participate
- You may enter a photo of a pet that has passed away to honor their memory
- Photos may only contain pets (no people or other species of animal)
- Photos may only contain single pet (no group photos).
- If you are under 18 you must obtain parent/guardian permission before participating in the contest.
- If you are submitting a pet on behalf of another individual, you must obtain pet parent permission before participating in the contest.
- Photos must be high enough quality for printing purposes
- If your photo is to be included in the photo book but is not high enough quality for printing purposes, we reserve the right to ask you to provide a replacement photo of the entered dog. If a quality replacement photo cannot be provided, we reserve the right to exclude the dog from the photo book.
- Entry fee of $10 will be assessed when entering pets into the contest (which will translate into 10 votes). Additional votes may be purchased at the time of submission.
- You may submit as many photos as you would like, but a separate entry fee will be assessed on each submission.
- Once entered all photos will become the property of the Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF), and can be used at SASF’s discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- Photos entered into the contest are subject to review and any submissions deemed to be inappropriate will be immediately disqualified.
- SASF has final approval of all photos submitted and reserves the right to decline publication of an animals photo as well as replace any animals photograph.
- Votes are $1 with a minimum of $10 / 10 votes required at the time of voting. There is no limit to the number of votes you can cast.
- Pet parents may vote for their own pets.
Visit www.sasf.org to submit.